Spring 2017 auditions: 3/7-3/8, Bloomberg 066
What to expect during your audition:
- Introductions: Tell us a bit about yourself and meet the members of Koleinu!
- Scales: Our Music Director, Gabe, will lead you through scales and easy warmup exercises to get comfortable with the space and test your range.
- Pitch Matching: Repeat the series of notes played for you on the piano.
- Swells: Holding one note, start as quietly as possible, grow to your maximum volume, then return to your starting level. This lets us see your breath control, dynamic range, and vocal power.
- Sight Reading (optional): Show your musical prowess by sight reading a short excerpt from Koleinu music. This part is optional and can only help you.
- Prepared Solo: It’s your time to shine! Demonstrate your flair as a soloist by singing a song of your choice for 1-2 minutes.
If you have any questions about auditions, feel free to email our Music Director, Gabe (gjroth@). We can’t wait to hear you!